Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Change of scenery

This was my view last week.  While we live in Tokyo, it doesn't look like the big city most imagine.


Yesterday marked the end of the first week of my visit to the US in which I experience quite a different view (and language).   I am so glad to be able to have time to visit with the extended family that I have missed!  My fourth of July was full of joy as I spent it with my mother, all of my siblings, and their families. I have been blessed to spend much of my week with my grandmother ("Granny") who is currently in the hospital.
The below picture is my mother and my newest niece named Sofia.  Adorable!


On Monday mooring I heard an advertisement on the car radio.  It started, "Have you ever seen a mother and a young child at the bus stop in the rain?"  (Yes, I thought.  Everyday.  And, so?  There are umbrellas.)  The advertisement went on to talk about donating your car to charity.  Oh, because in America you have to be poor to take the bus.  Got it.  (I heard this while I was driving a car for the first time in two years.  I was a bit nervous!)

Did I tell you I have really missed biscuits? I love biscuits with gravy, biscuits with sausage, and biscuits with grape jelly.  Yummy!  I also ate some Lucky Charms for breakfast this week.

I am in the midst of taking an AP Physics 4-day class to prepare me for co-teaching the class next year.  On Friday, we are taking Drew to visit Baylor and on Monday we are taking him to visit UNT.   I hope to spend the rest of my time seeing family here until we head to San Antonio next week to see Jeremy's parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment